David Chang, President, Polytechnic University Brooklyn, New York
Tung-Ching Chiang, Lucent
Shih-Ping Liou, Siemens
Technical Program Chairs
Hongya Ge, NJIT
Jiong Ma, Lucent
Kevin Lu, Telcordia
Liji Wu, Internet Photonics
Jung-Tao Liu, Lucent
- The Chinese Institute of Engineers - USA (CIE-USA)
- The Photonics Society of Chinese Americans (PSC)
- The Chinese Association of Science and Technology (CAST)
- The Chinese American Academic and Professional Society (CAAPS)
- The Monte Jade Science and Technology Association (MJSTA)
- IEEE North Jersey Chapter
|For the last decade, WOCC has enjoyed a great success in providing a unique opportunity for telecommunication professionals to exchange ideas and to extend professional networking. It offers a forum to discuss both business and technical topics in the telecom industry, especially business opportunities between the USA and Asia/Pacific. To reflect the current trend of telecom consolidation and transformation, the theme of WOCC 2003 is   Meeting the Broadband Challenge: The Interplay between Technologies and Applications for the Mobile Internet Era.
While the carriers wrestle with overcapacity in the core optical networks, the wired and wireless access networks continue to be the bandwidth bottleneck for delivering broadband multimedia services from content providers to end-users. Going forward, the challenge for the telecom industry stems from the interplay between the deployed technology and applications. The broadband services should provide sufficient performance and wide enough penetration of services to encourage the deployment of new applications. This conference focuses on meeting the challenge. Presentations are solicited in areas of multimedia, wireless and optical communications in one of the following (but not exclusive) forms:
- reports of new technological and scientific findings and results
- reviews, tutorials and technology surveys
- new service operational experiences
- field trial and new technology deployment results
- economic studies and analysis
- business proposals and presentations
Submission deadline: January 15, 2003
Authors will be notified by March 1, 2003 about the acceptance
of their presentations.
Format: Include title and abstract of the presentation, name, bio, affiliation and email address of the speaker on one page, 8.5"X11", 1" margin, font size>10.
Send Microsoft Word file to:
Please refer to: www.wocc.org for details of page formatting and other information about WOCC2003.